Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker Barbacoa (Serve on Lettuce Wedges instead of Flour Tortillas)
- 3lbs Lean beef, cut in cubes and fat trimmed (beef tenderloins, chuck roast, cubed).
- I can Chipotles in Adobo Sauce (usually in the International Aisle under Mexican in the Grocery store)
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiles
- 4 tbspoons chopped garlic
- 2 Diced Onions
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz apple cider Vinegar
- 3 ozs sweet and tangy chipotle BBQ sauce.
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- Brown Beef on all sides and set aside
- In a blender, combine Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, Diced Green Chiles, Garlic, Onions, Lime Juice, ACV and BBQ sauce, blend together (If no blender, just whisk in a bowl, a blender mixes better.
- Put beef on bottom layer of Pressure cooker or Slower Cooker
- Pour Beef Broth over Beef
- Pour Mixed Contents of Blender or Bowl over everything, mix up to really mix it in
- Pressure cook on High for 1 hour, natural release for 10 minutes, instant release
- Slow Cook for 6 Hours
- Take off lid, remove beef, and shred with two forks and put shredded contents back in the instapot or slow cooker and mix sauce with shredded beef.